6 months of sandwichesimade
in commemoration, here are the cold, hard stats:
- 29 sandwiches
- 375 shots of sandwiches in the making.
- $20 spent on 250 stickers from stickerguy.com
- 93 instagram megafans.
- 4 tomato sandwiches.
- 2 tuna melts.
- 5 cities in which sandwiches were made.
- 1 bloody finger.
i tried to weigh all the fan mail but there was too much.
i recently went to a picnic hosted by my friends @laurajay2 and @scottlcorey where we decided to make a shrimp po’ boy together. sandwichesimade megafans may remember @scottlcorey from a pork katsu sandwich collab, but this 6-month anniversary celebratory po’ boy is a @laurajay2 collaboration and we totally crushed it.
here is how we made a shrimp po’ boy.
1. mekelburg’s makes some mean sandwiches and also sells everything baguettes out of old timey crates.
2. make clarified milk punch, which is made by punching a gallon container of milk repeatedly while your friend curdles milk in various spirits, strains the liquid into a jar, and puts it in the fridge.
3. buy a container of remoulade from mermaid’s garden, a local mermaid-owned-and-operated seafood vendor.
4. hire the pied piper to lure a party of shrimp into a spiced flour and cornmeal dredge and then into hot oil.
5. have you heard any good remoulade jokes recently? dm me on instagram @sandwichesimade.
6. hire the pied piper to lure some fried shrimp onto your bread.
7. hire a sandwich technician to throw a mess of lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles onto your sandwich.
8. a shrimp po’ boy.