a sandwich for after your sandwich
in sandwichesimade’s first guest post my friend and former colleague @mtully expounds on the finer points of dessert sandwich-making and catches us up on the latest with the toaster lobby.
then why don’t you marry an ice cream sandwich?
- lucille bluth
when you can’t remember how to spell dessert, recall that, “you only want to cross 1 desert, but you want to eat 2 desserts.” if you can’t remember that just spell it i-c-e c-r-e-a-m s-a-n-d-w-i-c-h.
here is how i made an ice cream sandwich.
1. make cookie dough.
2. heat your oven to 350 because you forgot to pre-heat.
3. catch-up on the sandwich news cycle while it’s heating.
4a. you ate all your cookie dough, go back to step 1 and get your life together.
4b. scoop dough onto a sheetpan, stick in the oven and
request demand your robot set a 15m timer.
5. begin ice cream prep.
6. throw that vanilla in the garbage and try harder.
7. deconstruct your ice cream.
8. you scream, i scream, stop it and assemble your ice cream sandwich.
9. let the warm cookie and cold ice cream mingle.
a hundred pennies an ice cream sandwich.
@mtully is a #homecook, dog father, sandwich connoisseur and a real jerk.